domenica 18 novembre 2012

Risonanze #6

Anche se ogni tanto riesco a sputare fuori qualche post, mi piace l'idea di continuare con questa serie di risonanze.

Questa volta parto dai Metric e arrivo ai Metric (la loro versione di Expecting to Fly si è piantata come un chiodo nella mia testa) e, noto ora, quasi tutto quello che sta in mezzo deriva dai miei ascolti meno recenti.
Quasi.


We're so close to something
Better left unknown
I can feel it in my bones
Metric: "Gimme Sympathy"

Don't ever ask me why , I never say goodbye to my love
Its understood , it's everywhere with my love
And my love does it good
Paul McCartney & Wings: "My Love"

I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you.
Florence + The Machine: "Cosmic Love"


But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 U
Sinead O'Connor: "Nothing Compares 2 U"

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
Pink Floyd: "Wish You Were Here"

The sound of waves in a pool of water
I'm drowning in my nostalgia.
David Sylvian: "Nostalgia"

This doesn't happen to me ev'ryday (oh my)
Let's spend the night together
No excuses offered anyway (oh my)
Let's spend the night together
I'll satisfy your every need (every need)
And I now know you will satisfy me
Let's spend the night together
Now I need you more than ever
Let's spend the night together now
Rolling Stones: "Let's Spend the Night Together"

I've nothing much to offer
There's nothing much to take
I'm an absolute beginner
And I'm absolutely sane
As long as we're together
The rest can go to hell
I absolutely love you
But we're absolute beginners
With eyes completely open
But nervous all the same.
David Bowie: "Absolute Beginners"

Stop the night
Hold me tight
Holy girl .
Don't stand up
I feel strange
When you go.
Air: "Run"

In the blood of Eden
Lie the woman and the man
With the man in the woman
And the woman in the man
In the blood of Eden
Lie the woman and the man
We wanted the union
Oh the union of the woman
The woman and the man
Peter Gabriel: "Blood of Eden"

If I never lived without you,
Now you know I'd die.
If I never said I loved you,
Now you know I'd try,
Babe, now you know I'd try.
Metric: "Expecting to Fly"

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...